Justine Nichols is part of the team at Baby Village, one of the most experienced baby stores in Australia. Before she joined Baby Village, she worked at her father's pharmacy business. Her pharmaceutical background comes in handy at Baby Village when new parents and customers need loads of information, advice and care. For 10 years Justine fronted a band, but now plays music just for herself - once a few wines have sunk in. Although she hasn't cared for a baby in a while - her son, Samuel, is 23 and studies prop-making and special effects for film, theatre and television - she's still keeping track of what mums and dads need to keep the kids happy and stay sane while doing it!
1) What is the best parenting advice you've ever received? Be Open. Go with your gut. Common sense doesn’t require a degree.
2) What are your top 3 baby must-have accessories? Toy phone. Sun hat. Leak proof sippy cup.
3) What are your top 3 must-have accessories for yourself? Phone. Wine. Wine.
4) What do you love most about what you do? Helping young parents navigate the baby world. Empowering them to make the right choice.
5) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A singer, dancer, actress.
6) If you could become any character from a children’s story, who would you be and why? Peter Pan. I always wanted to fly.
7) Who inspires you? People who have a go.
8) Who lives under your roof? My partner, Cassie, son Samuel, Buddy the corgi and Frankie the cavoodle.
9) What phrase do you overuse? "Do you know what I mean?"
10) If we looked in your handbag right now, what would we find? A very organised bag with keys in this pocket, phone in that pocket, lippy and mirror in the zipper, etc (vintage Fossil - adore my bag).
Click here to know more about Baby Village.